Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix leaking and moving kitchen tap?

Carly1985
Finding My Feet

How to fix leaking and moving kitchen tap?

Hello, my kitchen mixer is wobbly and leaks into the cupboard under the sink its installed in. I have tightened the screws underneath but eventually they come loose again and the mixer twists around itself. I'm currently tightening by hand as I don't have a spanner or wrench that will fit - I'm happy to buy the right tools but not sure where to start. Do mixers have washers? Where might I find that to see if it needs replacing? Thanks! pro-XFzzaWXw.jpegpro-uSZcv40r.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix leaking and moving kitchen tap

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Carly1985. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about fixing a sink mixer.

The leak could be caused by several factors. It might be that the hoses are not tightened enough, their O-ring has perished and needs replacing, or the cartridge and internal O-rings have failed. Given the multiple reasons, it might be worth replacing the mixer and hoses. The Estilo 35mm Chrome Lever Sink Mixer—WELS 4 Star 7.5L/min is relatively budget-friendly and includes new hoses.

It's best to use a mixer tap spanner, to fasten the hose-shoe clamp. By tightening the nut down with the spanner, your tap is less likely to work loose when used.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects