Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill holes and repair melamine kitchen cabinets?

katie4
Finding My Feet

How to fill holes and repair melamine kitchen cabinets?

After product recommendation for filling holes in melamine kitchen cabinets. Most are from the handle holes (replacing with longer ones), but there's also some chips missing. Would I use builders bog, spakfilla, multi purpose filler?

Thank you!

1000033455.jpg

1000033456.jpg

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Filling holes/repairing melamine

Hello @katie4 

Thanks for sharing your question about filling the holes in your melamine drawer fronts. I propose using UNi-PRO 500g Multi Purpose Interior Filler. It is a ready-to-use, acrylic-based filler that's quick-drying, easy sanding and paintable once dry. This filler is ideal for repairing small to large internal cracks and holes and is suitable for use on plasterboard, fibrous cement, brick and timber surfaces. It dries hard and can be sanded down. 

To complete the disguise, I suggest bringing your drawer front to the paint department and asking them to colour match your drawer front. I recommend getting a small sample pot as you'll only need it for touch ups. Make sure to start with thin coats so that it will blend in with the melamine surface.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects