Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

weed killer

waynefromwales
Just Starting Out

weed killer

Hi All, just sprayed the weeds in an area where I’m about to plant roll on lawn, does anyone know how long I should wait before planting new lawn. Thanks 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: weed killer

Hello @waynefromwales 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about weed killer.

Weedkillers depending on the brand each have their own withholding period. This is the time when you can't plant anything in the soil as the chemical is still active. Generally, you'll find the information at the back of the container, and it will give you instructions on how long to wait.

If you can't find the information at the back of the container, please post a picture of the container with its logo at the front. We'll be able to track down the information for you. In the meantime, I suggest not laying your lawn just yet. Once you have the information you need, you can then make plans on when to roll the lawn.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects