Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Grass Mower Recommendations

kashifrana
Just Starting Out

Grass Mower Recommendations

Hello Folks

I just moved to a new property. I am looking for help:

1- What type of grass is it? (Attached picture)

2- Will below mower will work for this grass?

Ozito PXC 18V 300mm Brushless Lawn Mower 4.0Ah Kit PXCLMK-1418

https://www.bunnings.com.au/ozito-pxc-18v-300mm-brushless-lawn-mower-4-0ah-kit-pxclmk-1418_p0207447?...

or should I go for 36v like Ryobi 36V 46cm 4.0Ah Brushless Cordless Lawn Mower Kit (its little expensive)

https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-36v-46cm-4-0ah-brushless-cordless-lawn-mower-kit_p0154890?region_i...

Thanks for your help if anyone can let me know if Ozito PXC 18V 300mm Brushless Lawn Mower 4.0Ah Kit PXCLMK-1418 is sufficed for this jobWhatsApp Image 2024-07-02 at 9.31.01 AM.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Grass Mower Recommendations

Hello @kashifrana 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about battery operated lawn mowers.

I suggest having a quick look at this guide - How to choose a cordless lawn mower

I've recently come into possession of an Ozito PXC 18V 300mm Brushless Lawn Mower 4.0Ah Kit PXCLMK-1418, it is a handy little mower and is very easy to use and maintain. It's cutting path is sufficient and is perfect for small garden areas. However, it's catcher is bit small and fills up too quickly and unless you have a larger battery its cutting time is not that long.  

However, the Ryobi 36V 46cm 4.0Ah Brushless Cordless Lawn Mower Kit has so many advantages on its side. The larger battery gives you an optimum run time of at least 50 minutes. It has a brushless motor and is easy to transport and store with quick-fold collapsible handles and a top-mounted carry handle. 

The brushless motor provides load-sensing technology, which detects the mowing conditions and adjusts the power output automatically, providing a boost over tough terrain or conserving power over lighter grass to increase runtime. It can easily handle a medium to slightly larger than medium garden areas.

Between the two, I suggest investing in the Ryobi 36V 46cm 4.0Ah Brushless Cordless Lawn Mower Kit. It is a more robust mower capable of handling more challenging turf. The best part of course is that the battery can be used on compatible 36V Ryobi-garden tool sets.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Grass Mower Recommendations

Thank you !

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects