Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Why does my Ozito line trimmer suddenly stop working?

Cs12
Just Starting Out

Why does my Ozito line trimmer suddenly stop working?

ozito line trimmer just stops in between. I sometimes have to twist the wire to make it working but it again goes out every now and then. The wire lead works well with mower.

DIYGnome
Becoming a Leader

Re: ozito electric line trimmer stops .

Hello @Cs12 from your description you have  a mains powered line trimmer?

If you have to manipulate the device power cord to get it to operate it would indicate a fractured wire or internal issue, do you still have the receipt or a bank statement with the purchase details?   How old is the device, is it still under warranty?

https://www.ozito.com.au/services/warranty/

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Cs12 

If your  lawnmower  working ok on the same  lead.

You might just have to make sure the plug  joined  all the way in.  Pushed in and connected  properly for starts

Other wise there might be an electrical  faulty  wire in the  line trimmer.  Ii will need  replacing  for best results.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Cs12. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about an Ozito line trimmer.

To clarify, are you saying that in order to get the line trimmer to work, you need to twist the short connecting cable on the handle of the trimmer? If so, discontinue use and take it to your nearest store. If the unit is under warranty, it will be swapped over for you. Please take along your proof of purchase.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects