Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What size pot for planting tomatoes, chilli and coriander?

HimT87
Just Starting Out

What size pot for planting tomatoes, chilli and coriander?

Hi there,

I have recently bought Tomato (Roma, Money Maker), Chilli and Coriander seedlings from Bunnings Glenfield. I have no idea what pot size with how many seedlings in one to plant. Can someone please direct me.

Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Pot/Container size for Tomato, Coriander and Chillies

Hello @HimT87 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about re-potting your seedlings. 

When your tomato seedling reaches an average height of 100mm and have established leaves around them, I suggest moving it to a Garden City Plastic Grow Plant Pot - 100mm Black. For the coriander once it reaches an average height of 80mm, I suggest transferring five of them evenly spaced into a Garden City Plastic Grow Plant Pot - Black 250mm. For the chilli seedlings, once they reach about 40mm high, they'll need their own snuggly pots. Gently lift them out by the leaves and plant them in a Garden City Plastic Grow Plant Pot - 100mm Black.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How To Plant Seedlings

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects