Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Standard sprinkler head doesn't fit the pipe

Aleks3000
Just Starting Out

Standard sprinkler head doesn't fit the pipe

Hi experts,

I am a novice in all things irrigation and purchased a replacement sprinkler head for a sprinkler missing a top in my backyard. Unfortunately, they don't seem to fit one another. I'm not sure if they are different systems/sizes or I am perhaps just missing something obvious like an additional part needed. 

   

Thank you.

PXL_20241005_102755403.MP copy.jpeg

PXL_20241005_102803408.MP copy 2.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Standard sprinkler head doesn't fit the pipe

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Aleks3000. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about replacing a sprinkler.

What you are holding in your hand is what's in the ground, minus the top cap and insides. The portion in the ground needs to be unscrewed so you can screw the new unit in. I'd recommend you remove the soil around it so it doesn't collapse in when you remove the body of the sprinkler. 

If you're lucky, they might be the same type. If that's the case, you could leave the body attached and remove the top cap and insides out of the new one and stick them in the old body.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Standard sprinkler head doesn't fit the pipe

Mitchell, thank you! It seems so obvious now haha. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects