Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Request for Advice and Recommendations on Re-Turfing Lawn with Buffalo Grass

NoorBhai
Community Newcomer

Request for Advice and Recommendations on Re-Turfing Lawn with Buffalo Grass

Good morning.

hope this message finds you well.

I am reaching out to seek your advice and recommendations regarding the front lawn at my residence. Currently, it is covered with Kikuyu grass, but over time, it has become heavily infested with various weeds, leaving the lawn in poor and unrepairable condition. I have tried with repairing it but, was not successful.

I am considering re-turfing the entire area with Buffalo grass as my backyard is also having Buffalo grass. As I am newbie and this is the first time I am living in an independent house with lawns, I would like to request your expert opinion on the best way to go about this process. Specifically, I would appreciate guidance on:

1. Firstly, is it a good idea to re-turf a lawn with previous kikuyu to buffalo, if not what?
  2. The most effective method for removing the existing Kikuyu grass and weeds.
  3. What are the different steps I need to take to re-turf in a correct manner and without any errors and future problems.
  4. Ongoing care and maintenance tips to keep the new lawn healthy and weed-free.

Your expertise would be invaluable in ensuring that the transition to Buffalo grass is successful and sustainable. I would be grateful for any suggestions or recommendations you can offer.

Thank you for your time and assistance, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,
NoorBHAI

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects