Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New fence, run off and noise issues.

Helpneeded
Community Newcomer

New fence, run off and noise issues.

Neighbour wanted a new colourbond fence to complete his backyard look. However a few years back they concreted their yard and sides and filled in the drains so they have none. Every house in our section of the street has one either side and one in the backyard as the houses were built in a flood plain, they now have none. Since the fence went up a month ago we had torrential rain and our side yard flooded a couple of days ago as their concrete is about 3 inches higher than ours so we end up with all their water run off and our drain couldn't cope, We had to go out and redirect the water before it entered the house. Even when they hose etc we have their water go down our drain. How can I stop the water entering our property under the colourbond fence cheaply easily and efficiently. There is no garden beds its the fence on the concrete. all the way along.

What can I put along the fence line to block out the noise of the motorbike idling beside the bedroom windows and loud music? Would planter boxes with clumping bamboo work? I am open to all suggestions that can help rectify these issues. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects