Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Leaf Curl On Nectarine Tree

iamtheroot
Getting Established

Leaf Curl On Nectarine Tree

Hi Team,

I have a perfectly growing nectarine tree in my backyard. Every year it gives plenty of Nectarine. For last 2 years I see the leaves curl up and the fruits get some fungal infection.  Anything I can do to prevent this from happening ? Please let me know what to do

PXL_20201016_001417422.jpgPXL_20201016_001426341.jpgPXL_20201016_001459752.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Leaf Curl On Nectarine Tree

Hi @Jobey,

It looks like the web address you've supplied is incorrect. Would you mind sharing the recipe here for our members?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jobey
Building a Reputation

@cheslockjennife, @MitchellMc Woops, Sorry all. typo. organicgardener.com.au.

mix in a jar - 2 cups of vegetable oil, 1/2 a cup of dishwashing liquid.

Add 1 TBSP of the concentrate to 1 Litre of water in a spray bottle. Spray to cover top and bottom foliage

Hi
It is now springtime. I currently have leaf curl on a dwarf nectarine tree. Buds have already opened. Should I still pick all the curled leaves and apply the copper spray?

Hello @TheGrumpmeister 

Yes, you should pick all the curled leaves and dispose of it in the bin, please do not mix it in with your compost. It's ok to spray the nectarine with the copper spray as it will inhibit the fungus maturing and shedding spores that will catch in bud scales and bark crevices before next winter. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects