Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to treat potted marigold with black dots on leaves?

gabbyp
Just Starting Out

How to treat potted marigold with black dots on leaves?

I was hoping someone could help. All of a sudden my marigold plant has been getting these weird little black dots, which has basically caused the leaves to die. Would anyone know what I can do to fix this issue ?

IMG_9951.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to treat potted marigold with black dots on leaves?

Hello @gabbyp 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your marigold.

There could be a number of causes for your marigold to develop these symptoms. They range from fungal or bacterial infection or an over watering issue. Can I please request for a few photos of a leaf with very obvious signs of infection on it and a photo of the complete plant itself. This will help us identify what sort of infection is harming your plant.

I also suggest having a look at this guide - How to diagnose a sick plant by @Noelle 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
gabbyp
Just Starting Out

IMG_9957.jpeg

IMG_9959.jpeg

IMG_9958.jpeg

IMG_9960.jpeg

Thank you so much for your response Eric. I have attached more photos below of other leaves that have the same black spots. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @gabbyp 

Thank you for sharing those extra photos of your marigold. It appears to be a leaf spot fungal variant; I propose using Yates 200ml Liquid Copper Fungicide to manage it. Yates Liquid Copper is a broad-spectrum fungicide, that is suitable for use on fruit, vegetables and ornamentals, for controlling leaf curl, leaf spots, blights, downy mildew and many more fungal diseases. Please note that it is a concentrate and must be diluted before use. Please make sure to spray underneath the leaves of the plant for full coverage.

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a mask when using the fungicide.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects