Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to treat magnolia teddy bear disease?

hamid16
Just Starting Out

How to treat magnolia teddy bear disease?

IMG_2746.jpeg

IMG_2748.jpeg

 hi there,

I bought a healthy teddy bear magnolia from Bunnings few months ago, I planted it in the ground in full sun position. Tree leaves turned brown and I can see dark spots on them. Can you please identify the problem? Many thanks 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to treat magnolia teddy bear disease?

Hello @hamid16 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your magnolia teddy bear plant.

I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - How do I fix black/brown leaves of my magnolia plants? by @Pradeepk. It seems to me that your plant might be suffering from a fungal infection and a nutrient deficiency in the soil. But on closer inspection the other leaves don't have the tell-tale sign of black dots on all the leaves. The odds are that it is more likely a nutrient deficiency.

If that's the case, I recommend @Noelle's suggestion of using either Osmocote Rose, Gardenia & Azalea Controlled Release Fertiliser or Osmocote Plus Organics Rose, Gardenia & Azalea Plant Food & Soil Improver to provide those nutrients missing from your soil.

I also recommend checking your watering regimen, make sure that you are not over or underwatering the plant.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects