Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to rid nut grass from garden bed?

Sandhya1
Just Starting Out

How to rid nut grass from garden bed?

How to rid Nut Grass from my Raised Garden bed. It was introduced to the garden bed by horse manure in 2021 and now its flourishing. I don't want to grow anything in the garden bed, just want to get rid of the nut grass and put something over the top so it doesn't grow back. I am renting and due to pain and reduced mobility in my back and hips i am not able to maintain anything growing in the garden bed. Sorry i don't have pictures. But the nut grass was very thick and 2 feet tall, i have it dug out and then it grows back in 8- 12 weeks.

I have just had it dugs out again a week ago and already new shoots are a few inches tall. 

Sandhya1

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to rid nut grass from garden bed?

Hello @Sandhya1 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about removing nut grass from your garden bed.

I suggest using Yates 1L Ready To Use Nature's Way Organic Weed Killer Spray. It is glyphosate free and non-residual in the soil, replanting can occur 7 days after spraying. Once you've sprayed the area, I suggest turning the soil over to try and get to the nutlets to prevent further growth.

Please make sure you are wearing appropriate safety clothing, gloves, goggles and a mask when using weedkiller spray. Please make sure to follow all the recommended safety procedures printed on the back of the bottle.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects