Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to revive weeping Lilly Pilly not growing?

TomC1
Just Starting Out

How to revive weeping Lilly Pilly not growing?

I have 10 Weeping Lilly Pillys along the back fence and am aiming to create a screening hedge.  

Half appear to be growing really well, lots of new growth with dark green leaves. A few are growing well will dark green leave but less thick. However we have a few (3) that are really struggling for new growth and are much lighter Green. 

they get a decent amount of sun light ever day. I don’t water them very often as it is winter. I do check the soil to make sure it is wet. 

Is there any ideas on how I can bring these few back to health? 

IMG_4462.jpeg

IMG_4461.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Weeping Lilly Pilly Not Growing

Hello @TomC1 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your Lilly Pilly.

Looking at your photos it appears that you have a slight infestation of psyllids due to your leaves curling. Are the other two plants in the same condition with curling leaves? Are they exhibiting different symptoms.

Would it be possible for you to post close up photo of the damaged curling leaves so that we can confirm. In regards to the soil, you mentioned that it is wet, is it soaking wet near the unhealthy plants? When was the last time the soil dried out? I only mention this as excessive moisture is also not good for the plant.

Any extra information you can share about your watering habits and use of fertilizer would be very much appreciated. 

I also recommend having a quick look at this guide - How to diagnose a sick plant by @Noelle.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects