Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to revive rubber plant with droopy leaves?

Marcia_L
Finding My Feet

How to revive rubber plant with droopy leaves?

IMG_1205.jpeg

IMG_1206.jpeg

IMG_1207.jpeg

IMG_1209.jpeg

  

Hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone would know what’s wrong with my rubber plant?

I recently discovered the soil had curl grubs and they were obviously attacking my plant. So I changed the soil in the pot to get rid of all the curl grubs. 
It has been about one week now and I thought the droopy leaves would maybe spring back up but they haven’t. 

Does anyone know what might be wrong with it? It has been living outside for over a year now but I have realised they prefer to be indoors. Please correct me if wrong! Before I bring it inside I want to make sure it is disease and pest free. Leaves look like they’re burnt so maybe too much sun? Have attached some pictures.

Look forward to your thoughts and expertise! 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What’s wrong with my rubber plant?

Hello @Marcia_L 

Thanks for sharing your questions about your rubber plant. It could be that the soil does not have enough nutrients, it could be over or under watered. Can you please tell us how often you water the plant and when was the last time you fertilized it. In the meantime, I propose using Seasol and putting it in a bright area but not in direct sunlight. 

I also suggest having a quick look at this guide - How to diagnose a sick plant by @Noelle.

Here is a handy guide:  How to grow and care for a rubber plant

Let me call on our experienced member @Noelle for her recommendations. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to revive rubber plant with droopy leaves?

Hi @Marcia_L 

Oh dear! Your rubber plant certainly isn't in the best of condition at all.

It may take 2-3 weeks to start looking less droopy after repotting - it has probably lost some roots so will take a little while to re-establish itself. The dark markings do look like sunburn - a spot with good ambient light but not direct sun indoors would suit it best.

It also has all the indicators of having been too dry - make sure the potting mix is moist but not wet and don't allow it to stand in a saucer full of water for more than 30 minutes after watering.

A seaweed pick-me-up as suggested by Eric wouldn't do any harm either.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects