Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to revive buffalo lawn having used the wrong Yates weed and feed?

DavidMcLachlan
Finding My Feet

How to revive buffalo lawn having used the wrong Yates weed and feed?

What effect will it have on the buffalo lawn

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how do I recover my buffalo lawn having used the the wrong Yates weed and feed product

Hello @DavidMcLachlan 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about Yates weed and feed.

Would it be possible for you to tell us the exact product that you used? I can then call Yates and inquire what the possible effects might be on your buffalo lawn. I will also ask if there is a way to wash out or lessen the effect of the product on your lawn.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: how do I recover my buffalo lawn having used the the wrong Yates weed and feed product

Thank you @EricL 

I used Yates Weed and Feed which I have used before but didn’t read the instructions as I have used it before but not on Buffalo. 

Kind regards

David

Hi @DavidMcLachlan,

There is a range of products labelled Yates Weed'n'Feed. Yates 12.5kg Weed 'N' Feed Granular Lawn Weed Killer, Yates 10kg BuffaloPro Weed 'n' Feed Granular Weed Killer and Yates 2.4L BuffaloPro Weed 'n' Feed Hose On Weed Killer can be used on a Buffalo lawn. Yates 4L Weed 'n' Feed Hose On Lawn Weed Killer is unsuitable for Buffalo lawns, so I'll assume that is the product you've used. It will cause significant burning to your lawn, and potentially some sections won't survive.

The best course of action is to try and dilute the product by watering the lawn and flushing as much out of it as possible. Set up a sprinkler, run it a few times a day for an hour, and do that over the next few days. You might like to apply some hose-on Seasol, which will help with the root and plant stress.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you for the advice.

David McLachlan

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects