Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hang items on Colorbond fence?

Robyn49
Finding My Feet

How to hang items on Colorbond fence?

How can I hang 2 old galvanised gates off our colorbond fence with hooks and what hooks?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I hang 2 old galvanised gates off our colorbond fence with hooks and what hooks?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Robyn49. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about hanging items on a Colorbond fence.

Colorbond fences are not designed to have items hanging off them. So if these gates are of a hefty weight, I would advise against it. Since you are considering hooks, would these be ornamental gates you want to hang as display pieces? Otherwise, I'm not sure how hooks would be involved if they were functional gates that you were going to use.

It sounds like some pictures of the gate and the fence would greatly assist our members in offering informed and useful suggestions. Let me know if you need any assistance with uploading images. Without seeing exactly what you were working with, and assuming these are ornamental pieces and you had a top capping rail on the sheeting, then perhaps something like the square shed hooks might suffice.

If these gates were indeed to be functional, you'd need to install dedicated posts and sufficient footers to connect the gates onto, not the Colorbond fencing itself.

I'll be looking forward to those images and assisting further.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How can I hang 2 old galvanised gates off our colorbond fence with hooks and what hooks?

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for your reply.  Based on what you have said we are not going ahead with the idea of hanging anything on our fence and will use the gates somewhere else so we will be able to grow a passionfruit vine over them.

Regards

Robyn

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Robyn49,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We trust you'll get loads of help and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our wonderful members.

Just thought you might be interested in this very popular project by @royq - Training climbers to screen a fence.

All the best,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects