Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to get rid of weeds from Wintergreen Couch lawn?

Shaunie007
Just Starting Out

How to get rid of weeds from Wintergreen Couch lawn?

Hi all,

I currently having issues with the grass weeds in my wintergreen couch lawn.... Not to sure what they are and any suggestions to assist with getting rid of them would be fantastic.... they are popping up everywhere 

20240902_160720.jpg

Any assistance would be appreciated 

Thank you soo much

Cheers

Shaunie

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to get rid of Weeds from Wintergreen Couch lawn

Hi @Shaunie007,

Thank you for your question about removing weeds from wintergreen couch.

You could use a Fiskars 4 Prongs Xact Weed Puller or Cyclone Stainless Steel Weeder to pull the larger weeds, such as the one pictured.

You can then use a combination fertilizer and herbicide such as Yates 4L Weed 'n' Feed Hose On Lawn Weed Killer to control most common broadleaf weeds while strengthening the lawn with added fertiliser.

You might like to have a read through How To Weed Your Lawn for some further guidance.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

robchin
Becoming a Leader

Re: How to get rid of weeds from Wintergreen Couch lawn?

HI @Shaunie007 

Some good advice below from @JacobZ - but we need to think a bit more selective herbicide. Something that will take out the grasses. Do you think it's Wintergrass (Poa annua)? Just google that and confirm that's what it is. 

I work for Bunnings and we sell the following 2 products for this - ones a ready-to-use and the other is a concentrate that you need to make up. 

Amgrow 100ml Winter Grass Killer - Bunnings Australia

Munns Professional 2.4L Winter Grass Killer Weed Control - Bunnings Australia

Both of these are good for Couch - but if you are uncertain as to what the weed is or your lawn is - do a test spray first. 

Good luck. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects