Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix uneven backyard lawn?

kamil1472
Finding My Feet

How to fix uneven backyard lawn?

Hi All,

I constructed my house 2 years before and found soon that my lawn is uneven and I get issues when mowing. I cant use the lower level of mowing because it wont cut the grass. When I walk on the grass, I can feel unevenness. How can I fix this issue? I really want to cut the grass flat and easy for kids to play in the area. Looking forward for valuable suggestions. ThanksTurf Backyard.JPG

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Backyard lawn uneven

Hi @kamil1472,

Thank you for your question about levelling out an uneven lawn.

The way to level out uneven lawns is by top-dressing the lawn. This can be done with a product such as Scotts Performance Naturals 25L Lawn Topdress or even sand.

Apply a thin coating of the top dress over the whole lawn, with extra added to the depressions. You can then use a Cyclone Top Soil Spreader to smooth and level the surface. 

Once the top dressing has been completed, ensure you give your lawn plenty of water to encourage the grass to grow up through the top dress. 

You might like to have a look at How To Care For Your Lawn In Spring for some further guidance.

Also, allow me to tag @Adam_W, @homeinmelbourne to see if they have any other advice to offer. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects