Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix patchy Buffalo lawn?

chickenhead
Getting Established

How to fix patchy Buffalo lawn?

Hi team!

My buffalo lawn in my backyard is becoming patchy but in a strange way. 

Two weeks ago, I mowed the lawn quite short, I then aerated the backyard and after I did this I gave it a big spray with Seasol for buffalo lawn.  Once I had completed this I then put some sand on the patches of lawn that required to be evened out (but not across the whole lawn).

What I have noticed however is that some patches of lawn has started to curl up as though they have not received enough water. Strangely though this is patchy and sits beside grass that is perfectly happy.  I have given the patchy grass some additional water but this has not seemed to have any affect. 

I have tried to attach some photos to show what I am referring to, hopefully it does it justice. 

Thank you so much

AliIMG_20240924_142130497_HDR-EDIT.jpgIMG_20240924_142130497_HDR.jpgIMG_20240924_142139604_HDR.jpgIMG_20240924_142147430_HDR.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Lawn patchy

Hello @chickenhead 

Thanks for sharing your question about your patchy lawn. I suggest giving the patchy area one more pass with the aerator and watering it with the Seasol. I also suggest having a look at this discussion - How to repair brown patches on buffalo lawn? by @NateZheng. In the meantime, please keep an eye on the lawn for the next few weeks and see if any other symptoms appear.

Here are some handy step-by-step guides:

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects