Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to control aphids on peach tree?

acicco
Getting Established

How to control aphids on peach tree?

IMG_1303.jpeg

IMG_1306.png

Hi all

noticed a very bad infestation this evening of what appears to be aphids on our peach tree 

it has caused a terrible leaf curl appearance widespread through the tree which I initially thought was routine traditional leaf curl but on closer inspection I noticed the aphids

(for awareness I do treat the tree twice each year at the recommended times with tree curl copper spray)

the tree is already fruiting so I am obviously not keen to spray an insecticide

Does anyone have any guidance on how to best manage this issue? If I leave it will it cause further harm and health issues for the tree? Or fruit issues?

photos included - sorry they were taken in the dark but you get the idea. I can grab more pics in daylight hours if needed

thanks in advance

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: peach tree aphid control help

Hello @acicco 

Thanks for sharing your question about the controlling the aphids in your peach tree. I propose using Yates 200ml Nature's Way Vegie And Herb Concentrate. It is a soap-based spray for control of mites, aphids, thrips, mealybug and whitefly on fruit trees, vegetables, ornamentals and pot plants. It's also non-residual with no withholding period meaning you can eat vegetables and herbs without waiting, simply wash before eating.

Please note that it is a concentrate and will need to be diluted before use.

Here is a link to our best advice: How do you get rid of aphids?

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a mask when spraying. Please follow the safety guidelines printed at the back of the container.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
acicco
Getting Established

Thanks @EricL 

is this product appropriate for peaches given the tree has fruit on it? It lists vegetables and citrus but nothing about stone fruit. 

thanks so much 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @acicco,

You've nailed it with the Yates 200ml Nature's Way Vegie And Herb Concentrate, which is exactly what you should use as it is registered for use on stone fruit to control aphids. 

I've checked with Yates and it is suitable for plants with current stone fruit.

I've updated Eric's response to reflect the correct product.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
acicco
Getting Established

No worries at all @MitchellMc  thanks for your assistance with this 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects