Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to care for sick Lilly Pilly Resilience?

Clinton80
Just Starting Out

How to care for sick Lilly Pilly Resilience?

Can anyone please help me identify what is happening to my Lilly Pilly resilience and what do I do to treat it?

CE83A5B4-40C6-44A4-B162-335031FFFE6F.jpeg

4EAFFC4A-F81A-45A5-B760-41BA263303C2.jpeg

2F110CFA-54E5-4144-BA44-34B6BC3CDE47.jpeg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to care for sick lilly pilly resilience?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @Clinton80. It's fantastic that you've joined us and many thanks for your question.

I'm sorry to hear that your lilly pilly resilience is struggling. Let me call upon our experienced horticulturalists @Noelle and @Adam_W to see if they can help you identify the cause of the plant's poor health and how to treat it. Our resident D.I.Y. expert @EricL should also be able to help once he's back online later today. 

In the meantime, I suggest having a look at the Bunnings guide on How to grow and care for a lilly pilly in case you haven't already. It contains information that you may find useful.

Hope this helps.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to care for sick lilly pilly resilience?

@Adam_W  - what are your thoughts on the whitish appearance of the leaves?  It's obvious there has been some chewing of the leaves too.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to care for sick Lilly Pilly Resilience?

Hello @Clinton80 

I'm sorry to hear that your Lilly Pilly is not doing so well. In order for us to give you a better diagnosis, can you please tell us when the discolouration started to happen? Is the soil underneath the plant waterlogged? Are the plants next to this one experiencing the same symptoms?  

Does the white area on the leaves feel powdery or dusty? Is there a very strong smell of mould in the vicinity of the plant? Any other extra information you can tell us about the condition of your plant will help with our diagnosis.

My only other request is to inspect the bottom of the leaves of the plant. If you happen to find insects under the leaves, please take a photo so that we can see what they look like.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects