Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How long should i wait to plant a new garden bed after using Seasol organic weed killer?

brookjvr
Community Newcomer

How long should i wait to plant a new garden bed after using Seasol organic weed killer?

Hi,

I am planning to plant some new flowers and shrubs in my recently cleared garden bed. I have sprayed ‘Seasol organic weed killer’ in the area to kill existing weeds and plan on laying some plastic weed mat. Just wondering how long I should wait after spraying to put in the new plants. 

Thanks,

Brook :smile:

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how long should i wait to plant a new garden bed after usung seasol organic weed killer

Hi @brookjvr,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

Nonanoic acid-based herbicides, like Seasol EarthCare Organic Weedkiller Concentrate, are fast-acting organic herbicides that work by quickly breaking down in the soil. For products like this, a general rule of thumb is to wait 3-7 days before planting new plants. This allows the herbicide to degrade fully, ensuring the soil is safe for new growth.

Always check the specific product label for more precise guidance, as waiting times can vary depending on the formulation.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects