Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Designing a metal fence with Bunnings panels

lyndevon
Just Starting Out

Designing a metal fence with Bunnings panels

Hi

My gap is 4.6meters. I am trying to design a fence using your metal panels. I like model no 00228983 which is 975mm wide. The fence posts are 50mm wide. 

If I use 4 panels (3900mm) and 4 posts. (2 of the panels will be set up as a gate with no post between.) (200mm)

This will make a span of 4100mm. This leaves500 mm. 

Do the gate hinges and the panel brackets take up room? They would have 71mm per gap.which would be feasable for me.(It would keep the dog in still.).

Regards

Lyn

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Designing a metal fence with Bunnings panels

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lyndevon. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about constructing a metal fence.

Can you double-check that item number for me, please? It should only have seven digits. Alternatively, add a link to the product here.

To answer your question, typically, the panel brackets and hinges take up some room, but it's only a minimal amount, like 20mm at most and nowhere near 71mm per gap. Once I can see the range you would like to use, I will devise a solution for you. It sounds like you'll need to add some type of filler piece on the end of the fence to take up this 500mm difference.

I look forward to hearing further details about the products you're using.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Designing a metal fence with Bunnings panels

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lyndevon. We're looking forward to seeing your fence project come together. We trust you'll get all manner of inspiration and advice for all your projects around the house and garden from our clever and creative members. We have members sharing helpful advice and inspiring creations on the site every day. We're glad to have you join us. 

Please have a look at Mitch's reply and get back to us as soon as you can so we can assist further. We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects