Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Anyone else but Dichondra Repens seeds and not get Dichondra?

VanTovey
Finding My Feet

Anyone else but Dichondra Repens seeds and not get Dichondra?

Hi all. I purchased and planted a second packet of Dichondra Repens and what has germinated is definitely not Dichondra. Has anyone else had the same issue and do you know what plant it ended up being?

I am trying to decide whether I should pull it up and start again or if whatever is coming up could work instead. 

As background, I am certain the second batch isn't Dichondra as the leaves are completely different. Also positive that what I am seeing is from the seeds and not something that came with the dirt or whatever as I planted these seeds in a specific pattern/spot (a circle between pavers) and the rest of the space still doesn't have any growth. 

Thanks!

IMG_7006.jpegIMG_7005.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Anyone else but Dichondra Repens seeds and not get Dichondra?

Hi @VanTovey,

I'm so sorry to hear there's been an issue with your Dichondra seeds.

I presume they are our Mr. Fothergill's Dichondra Seeds, so I have reached out to the supplier with your images. There can be mix-ups from time to time, and they'll take a look at them, verify that they are not Dichondra (though it sounds like you've already done so), and then post you a replacement pack of seeds.

At this early stage, it's probably not possible to positively identify the plant and whether it would be a suitable replacement.

I do apologise for the inconvenience.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Anyone else but Dichondra Repens seeds and not get Dichondra?

Thanks so much, Mitchell. Yes, they are Mr Fothergill's.

Appreciate you reaching out to them.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects