Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

60cm x 60cm Pallrt

Looking for a 60cm x 60cm pallet to use at our SES Unit.

looking to collect from either Eastgardens or Alexandria?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: 60cm x 60cm Pallrt

Hello @chrissie1

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about a 60cm x 60cm pallet.

I've given Bunnings Eastgardens and Alexandria a call and they only have regular pallets available. This small-sized pallet is not something the store often gets. The common pallet size is 1.2m x 1.2m, it can sometimes be narrow like the Euro pallets but it often goes bigger rather than smaller. If you have tools at your disposal, I recommend modifying a regular pallet to the size that you need.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

natyc
Just Starting Out

DIY Shaker Doors

B5F17653-FABA-4BC5-B140-B002E1A80FCD.jpeg

Hi guys, 

im wanting to turn these 4 doors into shaker doors. 
will bunnings cut some plywood to size for me in store? I think I know how to do everything else. Any tips welcomed :smile: thanks! 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY Shaker Doors

Hello @natyc

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about shaker doors.

I suggest triple checking your door measurements before you have your timber cut. Please remember that the store will only do straight cuts and won't be able to do mitre cuts on wood. My number one tip is to remove the doors from the cabinet and do a test fit on each door before you commit to fixing them into place. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY Shaker Doors

Hi @natyc,

There are a few ways to create shaker doors, and to give you an exact answer on whether your timber can be cut in-store, we'd need to know how you'll be constructing the trim.

Since you've mentioned plywood, I suspect you might want to create a faux trim. If you wanted the team in-store to cut sections of plywood the same size as your cabinet doors, this should be possible, but we do have minimum cut widths to adhere to. This is typically around 300mm. You'll then be able to jigsaw out a smaller rectangle creating your faux trim.

I can assist further if you can provide a bit more information on how you'll create these shaker-style doors.

Mitchell

allikayt
Just Starting Out

Re: How do you find free pallets?

Hi I’m looking for free pallets from Bunnings Tweed Heads. Can I collect from store or do I need to order? Thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @allikayt. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about free pallets.

When free pallets are available, we put them out for customers to collect. They can go quite quickly, so your best bet is to call the store to check before heading in. Bunnings Tweed Heads has some pallets available, but they also use a service that regularly collects them from the store for recycling.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

allikayt
Just Starting Out

Hi Mitchell thanks for letting me know. Is it possible to have them put some aside for me to

collect? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi again @allikayt,

Holding pallets is not something we are able to do due to space constraints. As mentioned, your best bet is to phone the store to ensure there are some there and then head straight in to pick them up.

Mitchell

harriethurst
Just Starting Out

Re: Where to find free pallets?

Hello! I'm looking to pick up wooden pallets for a personal outdoor living project.

I am wanting to create a large table setting. In this I would love to know where abouts I could find a large number of decent sized pallets to pick up in the Sutherland Shire area/Sydney area.

Thanks!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects