Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need replacement belt for Ozito drill press OZDP5A

jarryd
Finding My Feet

Need replacement belt for Ozito drill press OZDP5A

Need a replacement belt and manual for this old ozito drill press. Can anyone help

20230424_200549.jpg

20230425_180036.jpg

Re: Need replacement belt for Ozito drill press OZDP5A

EricL

Yeah it took a while but I eventually found a supplier of belts with a good range and had my press fitted.

BSC in Beresfield has a range there. 

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

"But found the belt I needed at BSC in Beresfield."

I'm glad Jarryd @jarryd . Glad you got it sorted.

I was concerned on Monday morning based on my advice to you last year - regards BSC.

On Monday I presented to BSC with a generic Taiwanese belt (seen below) and they refused to serve me based on logic that they had no intention of trying to match an inferior product. I was just hoping you didn't have the same experience.

I've never had this happen before.

I walked out empty handed.

20240911_081829.jpg

In the end I went to a local engineering shop that had no such qualms and walked away with two Gates belts of very good quality.

They're so good in fact I can now drill plate without a pilot hole with a 16mm drill bit. I could never have done this even when the drill-press was fresh outta the box 12 years ago. They fit better, look stronger and excessive tension no longer required.

I guess it's similar to a cheap drop-saw with a professional blade.

Cheers and thanks for getting back to us.

Happy drilling.

20240911_104007.jpg

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Just an addenda @jarryd 

What size, code and brand - belt were you given for the Ozito?

I have a similar sized 1998 Ryobi drill press I want to perform a Lazarus on and give to my eldest son. It too is a 2 pulley, 5 speed little unit.

Cheers.

20240911_103304.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects