Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to waterproof exisiting shed?

brandonreynolds
Just Starting Out

How to waterproof exisiting shed?

Planning to turn my back garage into a home office. It already has power connected. 

Need to weatherproof before getting ready for next steps: insulation, plastering, painting, flooring etc 

IMG_6624.jpeg

IMG_6625.jpeg

IMG_6633.jpeg

IMG_6630.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to waterproof exisiting shed?

Hello @brandonreynolds 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your shed.

I suggest having a look at this guide - How to waterproof a shed floor. This will give you the basics on how to seal your shed and prevent water from coming in. There are quite a number of discussions regarding insulation lining and flooring. Some suggest building a batten frame to hold the insulation in place. We've had members cover their wall with OSB board and plywood, using plasterboard is definitely possible. 

I propose thinking about it on a project-by-project basis and writing it down on paper. After sealing the shed, will you be doing the insulation? How will you do it? What materials will you be using? Once you have your list organized the steps to completing your home office will be much simpler. 

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: 10 home office project ideas

Here are some shed project discussions you might find helpful:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects