Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to cover small alcove for solar inverter and battery storage?

StephenBrookes
Just Starting Out

How to cover small alcove for solar inverter and battery storage?

Hello,

I need to cover a small alcove with a tin/iron roof and insulate with sarking between the iron/tin roof and the battens. The area is currently exposed to the natural elements. I need to provide protection for solar inverter, and battery. 20240624_140705.jpg20240624_140652.jpg20240624_140713.jpg20240624_140724.jpg The length is about 1.5m and the length about 2.5m. I would also like to place a double door for added protection/shelter. I have uploaded some images and any help/guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you. Stephen

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Tin on small alcove for solar inverter and battery storage

Hello @StephenBrookes 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about building a cover for your solar battery and inverter.

I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - How to build wooden pool pump cover and cabinet to match by @baltoi79. The building techniques suggested are applicable to your project. However, before you start purchasing any materials, I strongly suggest speaking to the solar provider about proper clearances and ventilation regarding the inverter and battery.

The inverter and battery both generate heat and it's important that they are allowed to ventilate properly. Covering them up might not be an option, so please double check with your provider before you make any plans. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects