Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach a boxing ring to Yellow Tongue flooring?

carlson
Just Starting Out

How to attach a boxing ring to Yellow Tongue flooring?

Good morning.

A quick question - can you secure a floor-mounted boxing ring directly into Yellow tongue flooring? If so, what are the best bolts to use? 

Where it will be going is on the second floor of the building.

IMG_20240119_172321_HDR.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Attaching items to Yellow Tongue flooring

Hi @carlson,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

Ideally, you would screw through the yellow tongue into the subframe to attach the boxing ring to the floor. The issue with attaching directly to the yellow tongue is that being only 19mm thick, any screws used would not have enough depth of embedment to resist lateral forces that would be applied to the ring by boxers in action.

Are you aware of what size timber was used to create the subframe? 

If it's possible, a heavy gauge, long screw such as these ZENITH 14G - 8 x 100mm Class 3 Galvanised Bugle Batten Screws alongside Carinya 75 x 75 x 150 x 4mm Heavy Duty Galvanised Angle Brackets would be ideal.

Let me know what you think and if there are any issues with the products I've recommended, please let me know, I'm happy to assist and offer further advice if required.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects