Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is the brand of this wall mixer?

SagarS
Just Starting Out

What is the brand of this wall mixer?

16992297625128571340158352943921.jpg

Hi guys,

I want to change my wall mixers in the bathrooms but don't want to remove the tile. I tried to find the same mixer tap and can only get this number. 

No mixer taps can be found by serching this number on Google. I suppose this is one of the old Caroma or Phoenix models. 

Any ideas about what brand this is and any compatible replacement on market? Much appreciated.

16992293172404752977775901616283.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What is the brand of this wall mixer?

Hello @SagarS 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about changing your shower mixer. 

It is difficult to tell what brand it is as there are so many styles of shower mixer. The only way to tell is if the name of the model or manufacturer is printed in front of the handle. Another factor that will add to the difficulty is that there are no standard sizes when it comes to shower handle post fixings. Each manufacturer has their own specific size when it comes to handle installation. 

The only generic handle I'm aware of is the Evekare 35mm Extended Lever Handle. But even this handle does not guarantee a perfect fit. One alternative option you might want to explore is to paint the shower fixing to give it a new look. I suggest having a quick look at this discussion -   Spray painted tapware by @lifestylebymari. It's a great way to refresh your shower mixers image without having to take anything apart.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
SagarS
Just Starting Out

Hi Eric

All other old tapwares are all branded Caroma. I doubt if this is a Caroma's discontinued product. Are all Caroma's shower wall mounted mixer taps using the same T adapter?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @SagarS 

I'm afraid even Caroma has a habit of using different fitting sizes to their handle especially the older models. So, there is no guarantee that the handles will be compatible with one another. It has to be exactly the same make and model so that you can guarantee a fit. I propose taking a moment to postpone your shower mixer upgrade until you have enough funds for a full tapware upgrade. 

You can have the shower mixer changed completely and update your basin tapware as well so that you'll have a uniform set in your bathroom.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects