Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Tool for removing grout in shower?

grace3
Finding My Feet

Tool for removing grout in shower?

I’ve bought the grout saw but I now realise I’ll need an electric grout remover for the floor and walls of the shower. Is there an attachment that can be used on a normal drill or would I need to purchase an electric tool specific for grout removal?

thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Tool for removing grout in shower?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @grace3. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing grout.

I haven't seen a grout removal attachment for a drill before. Typically you'd use a Multi-Function Tool. Some come with an included blade for grout removal, or you can purchase a grout blade separately.

Are you removing the grout due to it being degraded and because it has started to fall out? If it's discoloured but still sound, did you know you can paint it to refresh the look?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you for that information. The grout is very old, already coming out in some spots and needs removing to freshen it all up. I have painted the grout on the walls of one shower but the floor needs removing.

thank you I’ll look into a multi function tool then.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @grace3 

It's great that you've received excellent advice from my colleague @MitchellMc. Just to add to the suggestions made, I recommend getting some drop sheets and masking tape to cover your vanity and toilet. Using the Multi-Function Tool creates a great deal of dust and debris. Covering the vanity, toilet and other areas will prevent the dust from going into the nooks and tight spaces of your bathroom appliances.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your floor re-grouted.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Oh that’s great advice. Thank you

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects