Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need help finding discontinued tiles

JudyM
Community Newcomer

Need help finding discontinued tiles

Hello

I’m doing a cosmetic reno of the ensuite bathroom and replacing an ancient sliding shower screen with a frameless shower screen. After removing the old screen, you can see that a couple of tiles have been drilled into (with a large chip out of the tile) rather than in the grout line as on the other side. This means that some tiles will need replacing, but they are probably 20 years old. 
I’m hoping someone might recognise the tiles and/or know somewhere I could source a few. 
Completely retiling the bathroom wasn’t in the plan ( although I would love to) and the new shower screen will not cover the holes in the tiles.  Any help would be appreciated.

8CD8AD67-7A9C-41CB-874E-234DB4F528F6.jpegEDC9B6BB-38B0-4BE4-A027-60156684153E.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need help finding discontinued tiles

Hello @JudyM 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your tiles.

The closest I could find is the Johnson Tiles 200 x 200mm Ultra White Ripple 1.52sqm. I'm sorry but I could not find an equivalent for your gold trim border tile. However, I propose looking at the option of covering the holes with Selleys 50g Knead It Aqua Epoxy Putty and touching it up with Rust-Oleum Tub And Tile Touch Up Kit.

Let me call on our experienced members @Dave-1, @Nailbag, @TedBear, @JoeAzza, @prettyliving, @lifestylebymari and @redbournreno for their opinions.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JudyM
Community Newcomer

Hi @EricL 

Thanks for the suggestions about repairing the tile. The Rust-oleum product seems to have mixed reviews, but maybe worth a try. The installer was suggesting to fill with white silicone? Fortunately, the holes will not be subject to moisture. 

Cheers

Judy

Nailbag
Amassing an Audience

Hi @JudyM 

Definitely would recommend the Rust-Oleum Tub And Tile Touch Up Kit @EricL recommended. Despite the average reviews I have used this product and it works very well if you follow the instructions which maybe those reviewers hadn't 🤔

The harder finish over silicone will be a much better and durable surface and less noticeable over the soft silicone the installer recommended in my experience.

regards, Nailbag

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Good Evening @JudyM

I am sorry as well but I dont remeber seeing any tiles that match. 

For finding like tiles Id suggest to go to your friendly "Blue F page" and search for "wall tiles old" :smile: I just did and had a load of suggested tiles and best part is you will get "tile suggestions" in your newsfeed :smile: I like making ythe algorithum work for me :smile:

One thing that did come to mind is having a matching tile made up, as in finding a local ceramic group and hitting them up.

Another idea was to actually go with accentuating the missing segmant of tile and go for a blue, yellow or gold. Tho Probarly gold rough cut segmant to fit your holes would look best matchy matchy type. I mean to trim a tile with one of the colours down to fit in one of the holes and then grout it in.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects