Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to waterproof laundry floor?

emilyb1
Getting Established

How to waterproof laundry floor?

I am hoping to waterproof the laundry myself, but the floor has this gap/wooden floor in part of the laundry. How do I got about filling and waterproofing it? 
Thank you in advance! 

IMG_9266.jpeg

IMG_9267.jpeg

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to waterproof laundry floor

Hello @emilyb1 

Thank you for sharing your question about water proofing. Just a friendly reminder that the application of waterproofing will need to be carried out by a certified trained water proofing agent for safety and compliance. Just to be on the safe side, I suggest checking the rules and regulations of your local council before you begin.

In regards to the unfinished section of your laundry floor, I suggest removing that board that is currently there and removing the medium that was used to fill that gap. Ideally the gap should be filled with mortar if the gap is not deep, but if it looks to be deep, then it needs to be filled with concrete. Enough time must be given to let the concrete cure in order for the floor to be sealed with water proofing. If sealed too early the waterproofing will lift from the floor.

Here is a link to our best advice: How do you waterproof a laundry?

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects