Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to resurface a stained black stone resin shower tray?

wilt3566
Just Starting Out

How to resurface a stained black stone resin shower tray?

Hi - our black shower tray is stained. It's not a build up of lime scale or water spots. I've tried every type of cleaning product and it has made no difference. Replacing it would be expensive. We were wondering about resurfacing it / painting it? (I see Dulux has a page on this). Any advice - recommendations would be hugely appreciated. Many thanks.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Stained black stone resin shower tray

Hello @wilt3566 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about resurfacing your shower tray. 

Have you considered buffing the surface with a Ryobi 90mm 3 Piece Polishing Pad Set or Ryobi 18V ONE+ 150mm Random Orbital Buffer/Polisher. If your tray is resin covered it should be technically possible to polish the surface back to a shiny finish. 

In regards to the Dulux Renovation Range Floors it is very specific regarding what it can cover. Please allow me to get in touch with Dulux regarding your shower tray. As soon as we have more information regarding paint compatibility. We'll get back to you.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @wilt3566,

Could you please confirm for us whether it is a fibreglass resin tray, which is mentioned as an acceptable substrate in the Dulux documentation, or is it some type of resin poured over a surface? Provided it's a fibreglass resin tray, you can use the Dulux Renovation products.

Please let me know if you have any have any questions.

Mitchell

Apparently it's a stone resin tray. I'll go into Dulux and talk to them but we will probably try the option of buffing it first. Many thanks

wilt3566
Just Starting Out

Buffing it sounds like a brilliant idea - many thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @wilt3566 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your shower trays polish restored.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects