Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace toilet button, rods and lid bracket?

SarahK1996
Building a Reputation

How to replace toilet button, rods and lid bracket?

Hey Team!

I need to replace the toilet button, rods and lid bracket for my parents.

I’ve bought the replacement parts and marked the rods ready to cut to size using the old rods as a guide, but I can’t seem to take off the old white bracket. I’ve twisted it which it moves a little but pushed and but it won’t seem to come out - any recommendations? What am I doing wrong?

I assume if I can get the old one out then I can simply replace the bracket, put the new rods ready into the lid button and assemble it but would love some help?

Thanks legends!

image.jpg

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace toilet button, rods and lid bracket

Hi @SarahK1996,

Next to the two slotted arms that are attached to the body of the flush valve, there should be a little tab on either side. Pushing them in retracts the locks and allows the white bracket to move up and down for height adjustment. If you push those two tabs in then you should be able to pull the white bracket completely up and out. I've added an image below to illustrate.

Let me know how you go.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks so much Mitchell!

That worked perfect!

Only issue now is I realised the new bracket arms are too wide to fit into the slots! So I might have to keep the old bracket and try to glue together the white button holder thing to go into it because it’s snapped! Fingers crossed! 

image.jpg

There's always something @SarahK1996. I'm not sure how durable it will be in a wet environment, but typically, plastic glues with primers such as Selleys 3ml Power Grip All Plastics Glue are your best bet for plastics.

🤞

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Exactly what I used and worked like a charm! Thanks again!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects