Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace shower bracket?

bc1975
Finding My Feet

How to replace shower bracket?

Brains trust …. how do I remove this shower bracket? I thought it would just turn but it wont budge. Is there a knack or am i just weak?  New build its never been used - just not the right color it should be black. I am trying to switch it out. 

3592C93E-7EA7-41DA-9B29-070788A84708.jpeg

 many thanks in anticipation of your replies. 

bc1975
Finding My Feet

Re: changing shower bracket

Actually i think i just sussed it out 5 minutes after i posted - the pipe has yo come out first which needs a bigger allen key than I have 😔 hopefully bunnings has the right size 😄

Good   work @bc1975

Yeah  pick  up a set of allen keys or  a box of multi purpose screw driver bit set with the allen key size you need included for use with a cordless drill.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @bc1975,

What pipe needs to come out, and where does the Allen key get used? My first thought would be as yours, and you'd simply unscrew the mounting bracket off the wall. Behind it, a threaded pipe would be sticking out of the wall, and I can't see why the bracket could not be unscrewed from it; that's the standard design of these brackets. You can see the installation of one in this step-by-step guide: How to change a shower head. To remove yours, I'd place a large Phillips head screwdriver inside the bottom threaded connection and use it as a lever to turn the whole unit anti-clockwise. Expect some resistance, but don't overly force it. As you mentioned, there could be some other type of screw that needs to be undone, but I find that unlikely.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects