Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace mesh on bathroom window?

Eliza3389
Community Newcomer

How to replace mesh on bathroom window?

I have this mesh thing missing from my bathroom window and I'm getting so many flies. Can someone show me the product I need to purchase to replace it? I've been searching but only find the soft fly screen material. It needs to be a harder metal. Thanks. Pics of both bathroom windows. 

1727653290768728671912510113701.jpg

1727653341472597539215442443719.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace mesh on bathroom window?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Eliza3389. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about replace a flyscreen.

Unfortunately, that steel mesh is likely a proprietary section supplied by the window manufacturer. It would probably be easiest to construct a small flyscreen frame to suit that opening and install standard mesh into it. Here's a helpful step-by-step guide: How to build a flyscreen frame.

The hole size might be too large, but it would be worth checking out the steel gutter guard in-store. If the holes are similar in size to your existing mesh, you could use aviation snips to cut it to suit your opening. You'd then need to use silicone to hold it in place.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects