Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a double shower head?

Kathy88
Finding My Feet

How to install a double shower head?

Hello,

I have this shower head in my bathroom. I want to swap it with a double shower head. But it only seems to have one hole where the head is in at the moment and it's on the side instead of the middle. Is there a way to have a double shower head without changing the plumbing structure. Or it their isn't a way to avoid it, is it something I can DIY?

1000011881.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install a double shower head?

Hello @Kathy88 

Thanks for sharing your question about installing a double shower head in your shower. Due to the location of the water outlet on your wall, I'm afraid none of the double shower head systems at the store will work. The position of the outlet needs to be a bit higher and to the left to where your shower head is currently located. Due to the plumbing aspect of the job, I suggest engaging the services of a licensed plumber and getting a quote on how much it would cost to transfer the outlet to the proper position. In this manner it will be done safely and in compliance with regulations. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects