Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace a shower head with a hand-held?

TaraH1
Just Starting Out

How to replace a shower head with a hand-held?

I would like to replace the existing square shower head with a hand held shower head like the one pictured. How do I remove the existing fitting?

IMG_9022.jpeg

IMG_9021.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace a shower head with a hand-held?

Hello @TaraH1 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your shower head.

I suggest having a quick look at this guide - How to change a shower head. However, in this instance, I suggest having a very good look at the base of your shower arm that's connected to the wall. Look very carefully all over the flange set and see if there are any tiny holes that might house a grub screw. If you don't see any holes around the shower arm base, I suggest trying to twist the arm anticlockwise to see if it will screw off.

If it does screw off, I suggest following the rest of the guide that I've linked to. Please remember to remove all the old thread tape and putting new ones on before you screw on the new shower attachment.  

But if there is a grub screw, I suggest using an Allen key to remove the grub screw and removing all the parts until you see the brass threaded outlet of the wall.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your new shower arm in place.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TaraH1
Just Starting Out

Thanks so much. I actually worked it out before I saw your reply and fitted the new handheld shower head successfully making sure to apply new thread tape. I really appreciate your reply.

IMG_9030.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @TaraH1 

Thank you for posting that update. I'm glad you got it work!

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects