Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace Caroma old Fowler (square) flush outlet valve?

Kintiq
Finding My Feet

How to replace Caroma old Fowler (square) flush outlet valve?

IMG_2606.jpegIMG_2609.jpegIMG_2608.jpeg

I have successfully replace with  aroma Quiet Flow 2 outlet valve but it is no longer available , it seems Gibret Flush out let valve is similar to Quiet Flow 2 . Any help with dimensions of Gibret will be appreciable 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace Caroma old Fowler (square) flush outlet valve?

Hello @Kintiq 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your cistern's outlet valve.

The Caroma flushing valve also known as the QuietFlow M5 Outlet valve 750085 is still available but will need to be specially ordered at the special orders desk. It has all the parts necessary for it to work inside your Fowler cistern. In regards to the inlet valve, it can be replaced with a standard Fluidmaster Bottom Entry Toilet Inlet Valve. It is totally adjustable both the float and post height can be changed.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks EricL

I wonder why can't we see the price of products to be ordered through special order?

Could you please also advise how to remove the flush bottom pipe to insert new washer under  cistern's  Flush outlet ; I tried to push it down but found difficult and was afraid not to break anything, your expert advise would be most welcome. Thanks

image.jpeg

Flush Pipe - How to remove the marked end to insert a washerFlush Pipe - How to remove the marked end to insert a washer

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Kintiq 

I suggest speaking to the special orders team at your local store and asking them for a quote on the spare part you need for your toilet. The reason you can't see the price for the part is because it is not a regularly stocked item. To remove the flush pipe under your cistern the big white locking ring must be turned anti clockwise first to loosen it up. Once the locking ring is loosened up, you'll be able to slide the flush pipe out.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Thanks Eric 

Perhaps I should get an extended wrench - That may be required to loosen up the nut above, but I could not find those  wrenches in Bunnings 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Kintiq 

You can either use the Haron 160mm Strap Wrench or the Haron 10" Slip Joint Pliers.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

Thanks Eric 

I was not aware of the name Slip Joint Pliers - I will get that , I am not very confident with Strap wrench although saw them used for Engine Filters - removals .

Hi Eric

Thanks , I went to Bunnings to buy that Haron 10" Slip Joint Pliers but found it could only open up to 45mm dia, as the pipe is 50mm hence the Hexagonal nut perhaps should be more than 45mm, hence brought a Trojan one seems a bit bigger will try.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Kintiq 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your toilet cistern repaired.

Eric

Hi All 

I did it today using the new Slip Joint (SJ)

Pliers, however found the Nut is not a hexagonal see photos but round with gripping ridges.

The main problem I faced during tightening the nut , the thickness was not enough to have a full grip with the SJ Pliers, I had to struggle finally I tightened it to NO LICK position.

After all that I realised I am n o longer young with bad back, I will get a Plumber to help me next time.

IMG_2653.jpegIMG_2657.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects