Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair crack in shower base?

chrpinkazuhiko
Finding My Feet

How to repair crack in shower base?

Hey there! 

Over the weekend I found crack in our shower base and I'm looking to repair it. The goal is to get it water tight for now while we plan an actual renovation of the bathroom for much later in the year. 

I'm not sure what material the base is. It does flex slightly around the cracked area and the drain itself. The crack isn't flat with one side of it being raised by a out 1mm. 

Our house is on stumps and I have confirmed that it hasn't leaked to the subfloor yet, which makes me think we've caught onto the crack right after its happened.

Do we have options to repair this? 

Joe.

20240116_113239.jpg

20240116_071906.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair crack in shower base?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @chrpinkazuhiko. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a cracked shower base.

It's likely an acrylic shower base, so there are not really many glues or sealants designed for that purpose. I'd suggest as a temporary solution to clean the area thoroughly with alcohol (be careful it doesn't start removing the paint) and wait 15mins for it to dry. Take a length of Gorilla 2.4m Clear Waterproof Patch And Seal Tape and apply it over the crack. Ensure you don't get any air bubbles in the tape whilst applying. The tape should hopefully seal the area and provide the time needed until your renovation.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to repair crack in shower base?

That sounds like a great temporary solution, I'll give it a crack! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects