Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to renovate a bathroom?

projectAct
Just Starting Out

How to renovate a bathroom?

To improve inside bathroom area s??

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: bathroom

Hi @projectAct,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is wonderful to have you with us.

There are numerous ways to improve your bathroom area.

From simple things, like in Bathroom Renovations On A Budget and 10 ways to transform your bathroom, up to a full tear-out and renovation like @naz1's D.I.Y. budget bathroom renovation.

You might like to have a read of the following articles for some ideas and inspiration:

If you have some photos and a few details, I'm sure there are plenty of people in our wonderful community, such as @Herrenovacation, @diy_hausdesigns and @ProjectPete who can offer their advice.

Let me know if you need a hand uploading images, I'm happy to help if required.

Jacob

Herrenovacation
Having an Impact

Re: How to renovate a bathroom?

Hello & welcome  @projectAct 

As @JacobZ mentioned there are many ways to improve or renovate a bathroom, depending on your budget and what you are looking for. 

I am yet to renovate mine as it needs a full gut and start over. But I find I create a vision of what I want and sit on it a while before starting as things can change the more you use the space. 

But you might just need to modernise the tap wear and vanity it really depends on the state of your bathroom.

Really handy tips I have been given is all plumbing, watering proofing and electrical work should be done by the trades even if you are a confident diyer as this is something insurance companies will look for in the instance of damage and will void your insurance. 

If you are just modernising anything that is still in working order donate to a recycling centre rather than adding to landfill. I find a lot of great products that can be used for other projects at the recycling centres. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects