Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to refresh shower tile grout?

Edgar
Cultivating a Following

How to refresh shower tile grout?

I'm planning on use Davco Rejuvenation Grout on my shower. Is it also suitable for the tiles that run around the bathroom floor? Can I use it to freshen up the area that runs both across these tiles and the top of the shower tiles? 

Thank you 🙂 

20240911_152640.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: refreshing shower tile grout

Hello @Edgar 

Thanks for sharing your question about refreshing tile grout. To remove the grout, I suggest using a multitool in combination with a grout blade such as the Diablo 70mm Starlock Carbide Grit Multi-Tool Blade for Grout and Mortar. Please note that this will create a lot of grout dust, I therefore suggest covering all the appliances of the bathroom with drop sheets and fixing it in place with masking tape. This will prevent the dust from settling everywhere and will help with the cleanup. 

In regards to the top section of your wall, I don't recommend using the grout on it as it is not designed for large flat surfaces. I recommend using Davco 20kg Off White Render to replace the existing top cover of the tiles. 

Here are some handy step-by-step guides:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects