Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix shower spindles that are too short?

diy_vvv
Getting Established

How to fix shower spindles that are too short?

IMG_8141.jpeg

IMG_8140.jpeg

Hi all,

Replacing the taps in my shower, it’s set quite deep into the wall, so I can’t thread the tap on as intended. I’ve seen some kinetic spindle extenders - not sure if that would work.

If spindle extenders are the way to go, whats the best way to check if 15mm or 25mm is more suitable in my situation?

Thanks! 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shower spindles too short

Hello @diy_vvv 

Thanks for sharing your question about spindles being too short. If you have a ceramic spindle, the only brass extender that will work for you is the Kinetic 28mm Ceramic Disc Spindle Extender. The other option is the Kinetic 15mm PVC Spindle Bonnet Extender, this plastic extender can be trimmed at the bottom if it is too long. 

However, if you have a traditional spindle that uses a jumper valve, I suggest trying the Kinetic 15mm Wall Tap Spindle Extender first as short extenders are sometimes long enough to make the difference. If it fails to reach the cover then you'll need to use the 25mm set.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects