Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix laundry cabinet gap?

Mattinterior
Finding My Feet

How to fix laundry cabinet gap?

20240529_201946.jpg

 My Laundry trough cabinet is not flush with the floor (layed on top of tiles) Virtually every photo i have seen cabinets are flush with floor.  The floor is not level  possibly due screeding to drain and the installer has fixed cabinets to side and back wall. Can I have the installer adjust the cabinet....thanks Matt

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Laundry cabinet gap

Hi @Mattinterior,

Thank you for your questions and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is brilliant to have you join us.

If your floor is out of level, the installer has likely had to raise the laundry trough slightly to level the trough and ensure the water flows to the drain. If the floor is out of level and the trough is placed directly on the floor, it will not drain how it is intended.

The solution that will allow the trough to sit level, while still covering this gap to the floor will be affected by the material the cabinet is made of. Can you advise if the laundry trough is metal, like this Everhard 45L White Laundry Unit or is chipboard, like this Bedford 900mm White 2 Door High Moisture Resistant Base Slimline Cabinet?

The fix will involve the installation of a kickboard or trim such as this Brutus Cover Trim, but the method of attachment will change slightly depending on what the trough is made of. 

If it is metal, I would suggest attaching the Brutus cover trim using liquid nails

if it is chipboard, I would advise using a matching kickboard attached with chipboard screws.  

Let me know what you think and if you have any further questions. 

Jacob

Re: Laundry cabinet gap

Thanks JacobZ for your great explanation. The cupboard is like the Bedford 900mm.

I have since spoken to the installer who has agreed to a kickboard to make it flush with the floor.

He explained that,  like you said the trough had be levelled up. leaving a gap at the bottom. 

Thanks heaps for the quick response 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects