Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect heat pump dryer drain hose?

tforbes
Community Newcomer

How to connect heat pump dryer drain hose?

IMG_5861.jpeg

IMG_5867.jpeg

  

IMG_5866.jpeg

IMG_5864.jpeg

Hoping someone can please help me.

We are wanting to connect the hose from our heat pump dryer to the drain pipes under the basin.

I’ve attached photos of the parts that came with the appliance and what we have. I’ve also include a pic of the instructions on the manual (highlighted yellow parts we don’t have). How can we connect these?

thanks
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: heat pump dryer drain hose connector

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @tforbes. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting a dryer.

You might like to have a read through this post: Is there a Y adapter available for 2 washing machine drain hoses. We are currently discussing whether these smaller hose pipes can be converted to fit onto a standard trap spigot. In that discussion I've provided details of products that would hopefully allow connection.

If you are missing parts, then perhaps you might like to contact the supplier to see whether those can be supplied to you and to seek assistance with the connection. If it were a product you've purchased through us, I'd be happy to do that for you. However, I've been led to believe that these might be European-style hoses, and the funnel and fittings are designed to attach to fittings not found in Australia. I'm currently awaiting a response from Bosch as they have a similar connection method which is also proving difficult to utilise. Hopefully, they'll be able to provide some troubleshooting and advice that might assist you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects