Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect a garden hose to hot and cold washing machine taps?

MT251
Just Starting Out

How to connect a garden hose to hot and cold washing machine taps?

Hi 

This one might be a little left of centre.

In my laundry I have a hot and a seperate cold connection for my washing machine to plug into. They are old and fixed directly into the wall.

I was to connect a hose to both the hot and cold taos that then joins into a single garden hose.

The reason I want to do this is so that I can have adjustable water temperature coming out of the hose to fill up my very large fishtank.

Sounds weird but trust me 

Does anyone know of there is a way to make some sorry of Y shaped connection for think kind of thing?

Tha ks in advance :smile:

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Connecting a garden hose to hit and cold washing machine taps

Hi @MT251 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's splendid to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your washing machine tapware.

Before you begin, would it be possible for you to post a photo of your tapware so that we can assess its configuration. We can then make suggestions on how to proceed.

It's possible to add a "Y" splitter on your washing machine tap on the condition that there is enough space to fit it in. I propose having a look at the Pope 2 Way Brass Threaded Tap. It will allow you to have your washing machine still connected and attach some hoses to the extra outlets. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects