Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to assemble washing machine inlet hose?

Handrew
Just Starting Out

How to assemble washing machine inlet hose?

IMG_8974.jpeg

 I can’t remember how to put this back together water supply hose back of machine 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: inlet hose valve i think

Hello @Handrew 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your inlet hose valve.

Are these parts installed on your machine or on the hose itself? Can you please tell us the type and model of your washing machine. In your instruction manual there should be a reference to these line filters and how they go into your machine. I suggest having a good look to find out if there is any mention of them. If your washing machine is a Bunnings product, we should be able to decipher the sequence of the filters for you.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Handrew
Just Starting Out

IMG_8980.jpeg

IMG_8982.jpeg

IMG_8981.jpeg

  

It is CHIQ top loader Model WTL79B they came out of the back of the machine not sure if I have put them back in correctly? I can’t find anything in the manual or online. Also this drain hose came flying out and flooded my laundry I’m to scared to use the washing machine again. Also thank you for the very fast reply!!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Handrew 

Thank you for posting those extra pictures of you washing machine. I'm so sorry, but I am unfamiliar with the CHIQ brand and model that you've mentioned. I propose giving the supplier of the appliance a phone call and speaking to their technical department regarding the installation of the filter caps.   

In regards to the exit hose at the bottom generally speaking, this hose is supposed to be pushed in tightly and the spring-loaded hose clamp clipped onto the exit pipe of the machine itself. If it is not properly mounted, it will explosively fly away as all the water in the machine exits through this hose.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Handrew
Just Starting Out

washing machine

IMG_9006.jpeg

IMG_9005.jpeg

IMG_9004.jpeg

image.jpg

IMG_9004.jpeg

 please in what order do these 3 things go into back of machine  I don’t feel like I’ve done it correctly on the hot red side 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: washing machine

These filter pieces are specific to your machine @Handrew, so there's no common assembly orientation we could advise you on. Since this is not a washing machine that we sell or are familiar with, it would be best for you to contact the manufacturer or retailer for assistance with their product.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects