Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a laundry stand pipe?

hardwicke81
Just Starting Out

How to install a laundry stand pipe?

I need to install some sort of drainage pipe for a washing machine drainage hose to connect to, it appears i have an open pipe to connect to coming out of the wall but not sure what type of connection I would need, looks to be a 40mm push in type connection, not sure if i could just connect a push in 90 degree angle and then have the pipe sticking straight up from there or would i need some sort of p trap underneath, if a p trap is needed there isn't enough room underneath the pipe to fit the trap, can the trap be installed above the pipe?

See attached pictures

20240912_084725.jpg

20240911_112424.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install a laundry stand pipe?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @hardwicke81. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a waste pipe.

I would suggest that a trap needs to be installed and that can be done further up. Since this is considered plumbing work, you'll need to enlist the assistance of a registered plumber to perform the connections and ensure the work is compliant.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects